Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Collective Thinking Monthly Post – Incompetent Assassin

Earlier this month I was asked by Ben Hennessy to join the group Collective Thinking.
What the group does is, produce something like a animation, design, comic, photo, etc with a different theme each month. It seemed like fun, so I thought why not!

This months theme was Incompetent Assassin.
I used a character that I've been drawing for a bit now, He made his first debut in this Title Sequence.

Then he made it into my Animation brochure which you can see below this post.

Anyway, he has finally landed, you can see his parachute behind him, and it seems he has had a safe landing. However, I think he brought the wrong equipment.....and after such a long journey....

Who'd have thought he's such a potty mouth!
I'm not sure if using the speech bubble is a bit cheap, but whatever....
Here's the black and white version, I think I like this one more.

Anyway, I would have liked to add a few more things in, but I don't really have the time. I kinda need to be finishing a Thesis, and getting another Project off the ground.

Anyway check out the collective thinking page to see what the others have came up with.
I'd link to their sites here, but I'm really too lazy.

Friday, November 19, 2010

IADT Animation Brochure.

Over the past 3/2weeks I've been working on a brochure / Poster in college. We were all divided into groups and each group was given a course for which they had to design a brochure that folded out into an poster and also had information on the course.

Although the project is over I want to give it another go over before I finish with it.

This was the first one I designed, the tutors advised me that It should be tamed down a bit, obvious things like consideration of the logo needed to be looked at also. The font is hand drawn, a modified version of a existing font.

This is the revised version, and what I submitted for the final Presentation. The only thing that concerns me is the fact that there seems to be a theme of destruction in this. So perhaps when I revise it I will just have to change a few drawings, like the massive crack in the middle and the atomic bomb (although I kind of like that).

The back carries the colours over, and is a lot more visually calm. I think the pictures here will need to be modified to break up the grid a little. There is a few other things I may need to do also before I can finish up with it.

Heres the two sides, front and back together, all the coloured paper matches up exactly, to give the impression the the paper is actually folding over to the other side.

Here is some documentation of the brochure folded, I think the fold is one of the main things that need revision.  The fold really dictates the layout of the information on the inside, and this was one of the things that took awhile to consider, I'm not sure how I will go about changing this yet.

So thats it for now anyway, hopefully in a bit of time I will be able to post up the finished version on my website in January. Feel free to critique the work, I'm open to suggestions on this.